Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Lost shipping orders x3

We are either very lucky or unlucky, depending on how you look at it. All three moving companies have lost our paperwork. Thank goodness my husband has a little Quartermaster and OCD in him otherwise we would be sitting here on June 11th wondering where the movers are. Today I got to tackle the unaccompanied baggage folks who at first couldn't find our paperwork. Then they found it but it was with the international side of the company and they were at a meeting. They called me back and promised a call once they determined a date for our pre move inspection. Get this, they called back and said they couldn't come on the day scheduled and could I do it 2 days earlier. First, we'll be out of town that day, and second, as I inquired of the gentleman on the phone, how could they not have movers available for that day when this has been in the transportation system for almost 2 months. It really boggles my mind because he had no answer. Luckily, by the time husband arrived home from work, the same guy called back and confirmed our move date. See, all it took was a little pushing on my end. Of course, I am sure somewhere down the line, something will be messed up again.

My husband has dealt with the shipment of personal goods and those folks are on board. I will say it took a little coaxing there too because they weren't sure they could ship us on the scheduled date either. After i explained to the lady that she would just have to make it work, she found someone to move us.

Now the non temp storage folks scare me. Husband called them and their reply when he asked if they were doing a pre inspection too was "oh crap, we don't have your stuff." They still aren't on board officially but I am sure we can work them out too. Someone in transportation has dropped the ball royally and I would really like to find that person and hang them up by their toes. I know we shouldn't have to keep calling these folks, all three moving companies, but I am glad we did. It certainly does pay to stay on top of things.

As for the shampoo, it's moving slowing and I think my mother in law may be a recipient of many things very soon. I know this dog needs a bath again. He's going to be the best smelling dog on the block at this rate.




No comments:

Post a Comment