Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Gypsies & the Mafia

Here's what i've been told. Ask anyone about going overseas and all i have heard about are the Gypsies. "Beware the gypsies, they'll rob you blind." " There is a problem with gypsies in Italy, lock everything." But my favorite was when someone told me, "If you pay off the Mafia, then when and if the gypsies rob you, you'll get your stuff back almost immediately." Really? I know there is a recent fascination with gypsies lately due to the show My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, but I'm not sure what to think and to believe that one group of people are just this bad. But I am sure I will learn my lesson one day soon. But now to bring the mafia into all this?? Geesh!! I was told that basically the Mafia works hand in hand with the gypsies and tells the gypsies which house they (the Mafia) protects and which one is up for grabs. This sounds a little crazy to me, but who am I argue with this train of thought? So when in Rome, or Vicenza, do as the Romans, and pay off the Mafia, unless you want to rebuy your stuff at the market the very next day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment